Apostrophe ' becomes &#39 in confirmation email

Home Forums Web Design and Development Development Discussions Apostrophe ' becomes &#39 in confirmation email

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  giangarner 1 year, 5 months ago.

• Author

Stephen_W
    Participant

For all of my product names that include a single apostrophe, the confirmation order email converts the apostrophe to &#39

For example, if the order was for a boy’s shirt, the confirmation email will show the item as:

boy&#39s shirt

Does anyone know why this is and how to correct it? I know that &#39 is the ascii code for the apostrophe, but I don’t know why it doesn’t get converted correctly for the confirmation email.

Thanks!

CRE-Loaded-Expert
    Participant

it has been addressed in patch 11

but for seo value, remove the ‘ in a products name as the odds are more than likely, that customers do not use it (or other symbols for that matter) when searching for the products you sell

giangarner
    Participant

I have seen a lot of values, though the scripts change the way it is, it is very unfamiliar to other thinking the script as the other aspects. I frequently, see this though and even uses some of it, is it default to have stuff this way.?

Regards.
    Gian
    consultant|http://eatmywords.com/services/speaking/

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close