pages.php and listing all pages in the pages infobox

Home Forums CRE Loaded Support CRE Loaded 6.4 pages.php and listing all pages in the pages infobox

This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of erikmjacobs erikmjacobs 4 years, 1 month ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of erikmjacobs
    erikmjacobs
    Participant

I have not managed to find a simple way to display all of the pages in all categories in the infobox. It seems as if the only way to do things right now is to display the various categories and then force users to click into a category and then, ultimately, into the page they want.

Has anyone figured out a simple way to have pages.php (or some other infobox) list all pages in all categories? The one thread on the board suggested something having to do with a “top” category and enabling/disabling but it did not work.

Profile photo of soundzgood2
    soundzgood2
    Participant

I think it works the same as categories/products by default … you either put everything into category folders OR you have all the pages in the top level (ie no topics/categories/folders.) You can’t mix the two.

Simon

erikmjacobs
    Participant

With no categories defined and one page defined, the only thing that is displayed is “contact us.”

The code of pages.php looks like it pulls all categories and iterates over them to display. It does not appear like the pages.php infobox code looks for pages at all.

I think in an older version of CRE there was an “information” infobox module. I’ve got that legacy code hanging around from a bad upgrade and I’ve been using it. It would be great if pages.php’s infobox could do that, but it doesn’t look like it does.

I was hoping someone had an easy way to make it do it. Not looking forward to trying to code that mess myself.

soundzgood2
    Participant

Try removing contact us and adding in a page. It should be easy to get to work – start with a blank cds manager and go from there.

It’s not just ‘pages’ it works off … it’s the whole CDS module which is a lot more complicated than the old 6.2 information table.

Simon

erikmjacobs
    Participant

There is no way to remove “contact us” as it is part of the pages.php code to be displayed (default/boxes/pages.php code). It is not actually a page that is in the pages administration. I’ve verified this on both my hacked up storefront as well as a development storefront that was cleanly built very recently. This is using the default “cre63_ats” template that comes with the CRE community download.

soundzgood2
    Participant

I was guessing that you weren’t using the CE version, but there yer go … 2/3 chance isn’t always a cert.
    Check the feature list:
    http://www.creloaded.com/pages/PCI-Shopping-Cart-Feature-Comparision.html

So no you can’t move pages out of the Information Pages category – it’s the CE version. Pro/B2B no problem.
    The CE version has a basic info page system, as you’d expect with a free cart.

Simon

erikmjacobs
    Participant

So that brings us back to the original question —

Is there any way to display a list of all pages in an infobox?

soundzgood2
    Participant

@erikmjacobs wrote:

So that brings us back to the original question —

Is there any way to display a list of all pages in an infobox?

So no you can’t move pages out of the Information Pages category – it’s the CE version. Pro/B2B no problem.

Pretty much answers it. Other options: upgrade to Pro/B2B or code it or pay to get it done.

Simon

erikmjacobs
    Participant

I guess I can stick with my hacked up information tables thing in the interim. Longer-term I suppose I could write something.

Thanks for the thoughts.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close